June is Adopt a Shelter Cat Month, and if there is anything we know better here at the Houston SPCA it’s that adopting a cat or kitten is a life-changing experience. It’s very easy to assume a shelter cat gets a better life by providing a forever home, but as you’ll soon learn, the benefit is absolutely mutual.
1. All together now: awwwwwwwwwwwwww!
2. Her zero-calorie biscuits will leave you feeling full of love. Not just for breakfast anymore!
3. She does all her own stunts, and if you’re lucky, she’ll amaze you with these feats of daring.
4. She’ll show you all the best hide-and-seek spots.
5. This never gets old. Ever.
6. She’s cool and empathetic. When the conversation wanes and dinner party guests overstay their welcome, her glance screams what you’re already thinking: “Get these people out of here!”
7. She’s not going to judge you if you stay in your pajamas until 4 p.m., and have the laziest day ever.
8. She’ll have your back, through thick and thin.
9. She’ll be your friend ’til the end. XOXO
See all the adoptable cats at the Houston SPCA, and come meet them in person Monday through Friday, from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.